To get the idea of our house..
If you run a bus company or are a tour operator, you probably want to know whether our culinary range with its emphasis on regional cuisine appeals to your guests.
We therefore invite you (2 people) to spend 3 days/2 nights as a “taster” in our Romantic Hotel in the adventure region Lungau, in the UNESCO Biosphere Park in Salzburgerland.
- Experience the special atmosphere of our **** hotel with its 500-year-old tradition
- Enjoy the friendly service of a family-run 100 bed hotel
- Come and see the cooking in action at the show kitchen in our “Rauchkuchl”
- Come and sample the culinary delights on offer
- Look forward to tickling your taste buds with our “good cellar ghosts”
- Get to know the Biosphere Lungau as a nature, activity, and adventure region.
We look forward to hearing from you..
Rudi Baier & the Wastlwirt-Family
... and of course also for your guests when they book a group trip with you in our hotel:
- Excellent breakfast buffet with wide choice and freshly prepared egg dishes
- Lunchtime snack buffet from 12.00 – 17.00 with soup, salads, fine cut meats, cakes etc.
- Evening show kitchen at the open fire in the traditional “Rauchkuchl”, a pleasure culinarium with regional specialities for those who like meat and fish, but also vegetarians, and those with a sweet tooth. Whether you have a large or small appetite, you are warmly invited to come and watch.
- Special dinner (5 course menus) in the remarkable atmosphere of our historic vaulted cellar that houses Austria’s smallest Romantic Restaurant, which seats just 2 people.
- Free fresh mountain spring water, as much as you like, which you can take with you to your room too.
Explore the biosphere reserve Salzburger Lungau
The Lungau Biosphere in the sunny south of the province of Salzburg is a diverse relaxation and adventure region, and a unique open air fitness centre. In contrast to National Parks or nature conservation areas, a Biosphere Park should be expressly used for the economy and tourism.
Between Katschberg and Obertauern, a range of activities is available to guests in this unique Nature Park, with its hiking, biking, E-biking and mountain bike routes, the 27 hole golf course and the ski arena with 300 km of pistes and 240 km of cross-country tracks in the valleys and up in the mountains.
A small word definition
* Tasters used to be responsible at court for testing the quality of food and drink. They were therefore people of real trust. As a modern day “taster”, award-winning chef, Björn Freitag, tests food for its quality and gives nutritional tips in the TV series of the same name (“Vorkoster”).
As a taster, you are therefore caught up in a good, old tradition.